Emergency Operations Center
The Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is housed in UCPD headquarters. If necessary the Emergency Director may designate an alternate location, which will depend on the emergency. Alternate locations should be flexible and possibly mobile, have emergency power, be close to transportation, and have access to food and water.
The Emergency Operations Center contains or has access to the following:
- ten telephones and five cell phones;
- two computers with printers and network access;
- large campus map;
- building plans;
- two flip charts;
- fax machine;
- ten mobile radio units;
- five Chicago white pages and five Chicago yellow pages directories;
- list of evacuation assembly locations (e.g., Crown Field House, Bartlett Hall, Ratner Athletics Center);
- list of mutual aid contacts;
- list of media contacts; and
- copies of departmental Emergency Response and Business Continuity Plans (see Appendix 4).