Appendix 6: Influenza Pandemic Preparedness & Response Plan
The University is dependent on many interconnected services that bind individual locations; therefore, an event in one part of the campus may seriously affect other areas. The PIPBRP is an appendix of the University’s overall Emergency Plan, which provides a framework within which all individual units can maintain a specific local plan. The following represents the overall Emergency Management structure.
- The Emergency Incident Commander (IC) is the Vice-President for Administration and Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- The Emergency Director (ED) is the Director of Safety, Environmental Affairs, and Radiation Safety. The ED serves in the absence of the IC.
- The Emergency Manager (EM) is the On-Call Safety Officer.
- Policy Group: President; Provost; Vice-President for Administration; Vice-President for Strategic Initiatives; Secretary of the University; Vice-President for Communications; and Vice-President and Chief Information Officer.
- Advisory Policy Group: Vice-President for Community and Government Affairs; Vice-President and General Counsel; and Vice-President and Dean of Students in the University.
- The On-Scene Incident Commander (OIC) is responsible for responding to an incident and assessing the impact on operations, acting to control the incident and providing status reports to the PSO.
The University Police Department (UCPD) manages the emergency site, specifically access and traffic, and coordinates with the OIC.